Marketing / Communications / PR
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Associate Program Manager – Risk Factors on our dynamic Patient Experience team! This position is based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX! The location for this position is flexible and home-based.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, grant-funded opportunity through 05/2026.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing project plan activities and facilitating coordination across internal and external teams for assigned programs. Establishes and coordinates project timelines and responsible for managing the development and distribution of patient education resources. Responsible for assigned project tracking and reporting including marketing and communication deliverables.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Collaborates with assigned marketing and communications team to develop and distribute project materials, collateral, and associated marketing/communications plans.
- Coordinates with internal American Heart Association departments and external vendors on assigned projects.
- Monitors, reviews, and tracks budget and timelines associated with assigned projects.
- Develops and maintains quality relationships with all vendors for the project and oversees production and distribution of patient education materials.
- Maintains effective communication with project leadership and teams to ensure project status and issues are known and addressed.
- Develops knowledge base in assigned portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Marketing, Business or related area
- Three (3) years of the following experience
- Experience in communications, marketing, or project management
- Ability to manage process and workflow for projects
- Ability to support budget managementAbility to work across functions and levels to achieve project objectives
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally in assigned American Heart Association Mission
- Basic knowledge in assigned Association Mission Portfolio
- Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Digital marketing experience
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (3/16/2023 4:54 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10239
Job Category Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
Position Type Full Time