Corporate Relations Director - Eastern States
Marketing / Communications / PR
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a National Corporate Relations Director focused on generating national sponsorships from companies based within the Eastern States region . This position can be home based. Travel is required.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing strategic business relationships with national companies to secure funding for national Association organizational priorities at the $1 million + per year level. Responsible for working with national and field leaders to build a strong portfolio of accounts in order to achieve annual revenue targets in the $5-$7 million range, as well as meeting and exceeding strategic account objectives.
- Acts as a senior level contact to represent the Association with global and national companies
- Develop, plan and collaborate with senior management and volunteers to prospect for new business in order to meet or exceed organizational goals
- Build a diverse portfolio of national accounts for national sponsorship and campaigns
- Provide timely direction, framework and resources to volunteers while at the same time relying on their expertise, abilities and willingness to leverage their networks to drive the goals of the organization
- Lead solution development efforts that best address the corporate accounts needs while meeting the mission priorities and capabilities of the Association
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to provide support, service, programs, or senior management resources
- Lead joint company strategic account planning process that develops mutual goals and objectives, revenue targets and critical milestones on a multi-year basis
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- Ten (10) years of successful sales experience, particularly in selling intangible programs and services, along with the ability to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
- Seven (7) years of experience in negotiation and solution oriented problem-solving
- Seven (7) years of experience developing and delivering presentations to both large and small groups
- Seven (7) years of the following experience:
- Comprehensive ability to prepare written and oral communications including thorough knowledge and command of business English
- Ability to consult and interact with highest levels of corporate leadership
- Excellent use of Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of time, including overnight stays
- Three (3) years of experience in sales greater than $1Million
- Three (3) years of experience in contract negotiation and non-profit fundraising execution
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 5 days ago (11/22/2022 9:41 AM)
Requisition ID 2020-6019
Job Category Corporate Relations
Position Type Full Time