Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
Campaign events include Heart Ball, Heart Challenge, and Go Red for Women.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Development Coordinator in our Eastern States region located in our Pittsburgh, PA .
The Development Coordinator will support a team that leads the fundraising and field activities in the Pittsburgh market, including data entry; event logistics; processing funds; preparing correspondence, meeting minutes; spreadsheets, materials, and reports; and general administrative support.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Data entry and data management.
- Receive and process incoming mail, including donations, for multiple AHA locations, in accordance with AHA guidelines.
- Process donations, invoices, and payments.
- Coordinate event materials including:
- invitations, brochures, tribute journals, gift bags
- preparing attendee list and tracking registration
- working with vendors
- obtaining required permits
- Attend assigned events to help with set-up, execution, and tear down.
- Coordinate the vendor contract process for assigned day of events to ensure that each is following American Heart Association best practices, guidelines, and procedures.
- Track vendors’ adherence to contractual obligations and perform as agreed upon.
- May act as day of event volunteer liaison including train volunteers and handle assignments on-site during event.
- Report preparation and tracking.
- Prepare and communicate schedules, meetings and ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform administrative duties as required or requested.
- May assist with the on-site distribution of collateral materials and volunteer access to AHA systems.
- May assist with logistical and administrative support for division Board of Directors and other Volunteer Leadership Meetings.
- Interact volunteer C-suite leaders, donors, sponsors, and day-of-event volunteers.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED. College degree or some college a plus.
- Minimum one (1) year work experience in administrative office experience or project coordination experience, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in event planning, organizing, consultation and event management preferred.
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to objectively evaluate, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers and the public. This includes ability and willingness to build and champion relationships within and outside the American Heart Association. This also includes the ability to work collaboratively with others to leverage resources to achieve common goals.
- Ability to be respectful, self-motivated, resourceful, thoughtful, and flexible.
- Knowledge of and skill in report preparation, proofreading and attention to detail.
- Validated background and willingness to work in an atmosphere requiring flexibility and change.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Ability to transport materials and other supplies to and from meetings and events.
- Must pass background check and must be at least 18 years old.
Preferred Qualifications, not mandatory to qualify :
- Contact Management Systems
- Automated accounting software knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint system
Knowledge of Team Builder software
Attracting dedicated, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay is commensurate with experience; geographic differentials may apply.
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://heart.jobs/rewards-and-benefits/
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 1 month ago (7/13/2022 12:40 AM)
Requisition ID 2021-7384
Job Category Administrative Support
Position Type Full Time