Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director for the Heart Ball, Go Red For Women and Impact campaigns. The ideal candidate will live in greater Savannah, GA and also cover the Hilton Head, SC area. This position is a remote/work from home position within the territory.
We have a fast-paced sales type of environment with the main responsibility of driving revenue in support of our mission. We offer a base salary with the potential to earn an incentive up to 25% of your base pay. The potential incentive is based on achieving certain revenue targets and triggers.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Work strategically with American Heart Association staff in multiple campaigns and volunteer teams charged with the Heart Ball campaign to accomplish results.
- Recruit and lead high level corporate volunteers.
- Revenue generation through corporate sponsorships.
- Conduct sales calls to generate new business and upgrade existing company partnerships by engaging them in the mission of the Association.
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and key corporate & community leaders.
- Track, report and manage results using a variety of database and campaign management systems with a proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with Sr. Development Coordinator on event planning logistics and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3 years of relevant experience in fundraising, sales, or equivalent type experience
- Ability to do daily local travel up to 75%; requires access to reliable transportation at all times
- Ability to lift and/or move large objects (such as boxes) with the expectation that heavier items would be broken down into smaller components or requesting additional assistance may be required before lifting and/or moving
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill/proficiency with Microsoft Office
Here are some of the preferred experience skills we are seeking:
- University/College degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the C-Suite level
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks
Compensation & Benefits
Enter Pay Transparency information as appropriate.
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs; this position is incentive eligible based on achieving certain targets.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Location US-SC-Hilton Head
Posted Date 4 weeks ago (9/1/2023 12:00 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-11337
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-GA-Savannah
Position Type Full Time