Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
We are hiring a Development Director in Spring, TX.
As the Development Director you will focus on establishing relationships with American Heart Association’s donors. As an integral member of the Montgomery County team, the Director is responsible for identifying and cultivating potential donors with a goal of securing between $500,000 and $1,000,000 annually from individuals and corporations. In addition, this position will coordinate small and large social events securing donations from individuals and corporations.
The ideal candidate will live in the Spring, TX area. This is a mostly home-office based position working in-person twice a month from our Houston, TX office.
We offer a base salary with the potential to earn an incentive up to 25% of your base pay. The potential incentive is based on achieving certain revenue targets and triggers.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Identify and cultivate potential donors with a goal of securing donations from individuals and corporations.
- Make direct asks to individuals and corporate leaders for donations.
- Develop and manage relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and key corporate & community leaders.
- Track, report and manage results using a variety of databases and campaign management systems with a proven track record in meeting fundraising goals.
- Event management including but not limited to planning, logistics, implementation, volunteer partnerships and evaluation post-event for constant improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?” Here are some of the requirements:
- Three (3) years of experience in fundraising, or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A proven track record in meeting fundraising goals.
- The ability to secure donations through participating in and leading top-level sponsorship asks.
- Demonstrated skills in cultivating major donors, securing large corporate sponsorships (six figures), and identifying and securing foundation gifts.
- Have a collaborative approach to working with other internal partners, such as with Heart Walk, Go Red for Women, Health Strategies and Youth Market Teams to help drive specific American Heart Association cause initiatives in defined markets.
- Excellent organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Results driven with the ability to multitask.
- Direct knowledge of special event fundraising tactics is crucial.
- Evenings and weekends are required when meeting with donors.
- Able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 1 month ago (4/28/2023 11:27 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-8804
Job Category Field Campaigns
Position Type Full Time