Now is the time to join an organization that enables you to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career!
We are currently hiring for a Development Director in our Eagan office. The Director will oversee our Heart Challenge corporate fundraising campaign in the Twin Cities, which includes our signature Heart Walk event. This position will be hybrid, working both from home and in the office.
We have a fast-paced sales type of environment with the main responsibility of driving revenue in support of our mission. Competitive salary with incentive potential is offered.
The American Heart Association offers programs to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values – Check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships and individual donations.
- Handle the annual team cycle for the digital experiences/events including securing corporate participation, goal setting, recruitment of team captains, and motivating team members.
- Recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership, volunteer committees, and day of the event volunteers.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the market areas with a documented plan to secure their involvement.
- Execute digital experience/event logistics based on national best practices.
- 2 years of relevant experience preferred; college graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations, and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a base salary with the potential to earn an incentive up to 25% of your base pay. The potential incentive is based on achieving certain revenue targets.
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 days ago (5/13/2022 11:21 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-8242
Job Category Field Campaigns
Position Type Full Time
Location: Eagan, MN