Development Director, School Engagement
Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
We are looking to fill a Development Director, School Engagement working hybrid, as part of our Triad area office Southeast School Engagement team. The director is responsible for implementing the American Heart Association’s school-based educational Kid’s Heart Challenge fundraising program throughout the assigned territory. The Development Director works as the liaison with school-based coordinators (typically PE teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our program in 4 counties counties (Guilford, Forsyth, Davie, Surry, Stokes, Moore, Rockingham, counties.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Selling our lifesaving mission to local schools through prospecting and securing school participation while providing tools and training to help schools establish and meet their fundraising goals.
- Possibly presenting program information at (very few. 7-10) school assembly events to teach students about the American Heart Association and the program.
- Achieving income and school recruitment goals through the management of existing customers and school accounts, and prospecting and cultivating new school accounts.
- Coordinating, planning, and implementing activities and using our proven strategies and resources to achieve campaign goals and fundraising objectives in the assigned territory.
- Maintaining and tracking all related fundraising data.
- Recruiting volunteers to develop and manage school-wide events, while building new relationships and providing ongoing support to volunteers in each school.
- Traveling extensively throughout assigned geographical territory daily. (4 days a week most often; with 1 home-office day)
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives” ? Here are some of the requirements:
- University/College degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience in fundraising, sales, or equivalent type experience.
- Ability to lift and/or move large objects (such as boxes) with the expectation that heavier items would be broken down into smaller components or requesting additional assistance may be required before lifting and/or moving.
- Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communicating, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making
- Knowledge of school system is a plus
- Presentation skills for small and large groups.
- Experience presenting to teachers, Principals, and Superintendents/District leadership is a plus
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation
- Ability to plan and work independently in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive dollar goals using skills and abilities in volunteer or customer relationship management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Location US-NC-High Point
Posted Date 1 week ago (9/18/2023 4:47 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-11526
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-NC-Winston-Salem
Position Type Full Time
Location: NC-High Point