Development Director, Tampa Bay Heart Challenge
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an opportunity for a Development Director in the St. Petersburg, FL office.
The director will coordinate, plan, and implement activities and resources necessary to achieve fundraising goals and campaign objectives for the Tampa Bay market, with a focus on our Tampa Bay Heart Walk campaign, one of the largest Heart Walk campaigns in the nation.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Achieving assigned revenue goal by maintaining existing relationships and developing new relationships with current corporate and community partners, as well as individual donors and peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Maintaining and growing relationships with existing relationships corporate and community partners through developing year-round business and cultivation plans
- Recruiting, orienting, and managing C-suite and executive-level volunteers to serve on our volunteer committee/board
- Driving new business development through maintaining an ongoing pipeline of potential sponsors, donors, and volunteer leaders
- Driving peer-to-peer fundraising by supporting company leaders in driving employee engagement internally within their organizations and soliciting individual giving asks
- Identifying opportunities for our corporate partners and individual donors to make an impact through issue-based opportunities throughout the Tampa Bay community
- Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve campaign outcomes
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating assigned fundraising event(s) according to standard methodologies and event timeline.
- Confirming detailed, timely and accurate data entry of relevant information.
- Collaborating with other internal AHA staff, including but not limited to, Community Impact, Health Strategies, Marketing/Communications, Market Support.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Development Director and will work alongside two additional Development Directors to meet the overall revenue goal for the Tampa Bay Heart Walk campaign ($3 million goal) and the market (over $7 million annually).
Travel within the market is required. This position is currently on a hybrid schedule going into the office 1-2 days a week.
- 2 years of relevant experience preferred; college graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices, and techniques, notably peer-to-peer fundraising preferred.
- Ability and experience recruiting, training, and cultivating top-level donors and volunteers preferred.
- Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation.
- Ability to work outside of standard hours which may involve some evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout assigned geographical territory.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Location US-FL-St. Petersburg
Posted Date 1 week ago (11/18/2022 11:56 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-9607
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-FL-Tampa
Position Type Full Time
Location: FL-St. Petersburg