Digital Fundraising Director, Gaming
Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
We are currently hiring a Digital Fundraising Director, Gaming on our School Engagement team. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of School Engagement for the Eastern States region.
This position is responsible for helping develop programs and drive revenue with content creators primarily on Twitch, YouTube, and TikTok.
The primary focus of this position will be to grow and retain a fundraising portfolio of volunteers in this space to help drive revenue with American Heart Association “Association” Liive. This position will also manage and help develop and implement new strategies to drive revenue and engagement to reach our annual campaign goal.
This position is home-office based and may require travel to the local market office, and occasional overnights to meetings and conferences. A competitive salary with incentive potential is offered.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Cultivate relationships, educate Heart mission initiatives, and develop fundraising goals with existing creators who partner with the American Heart Association through American Heart Association LIIVE.
- Share in the development of fundraising programs including innovation and critical thinking to overcome obstacles and anticipate program gaps.
- Create collateral materials to support the development and growth of these programs.
- Help build the pipeline to achieve annual income goals.
- Recruit new content creators to participate in American Heart Association Liive.
- Increase engagement in American Heart Association Liive and increase peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledgeable with gaming/streaming platforms including TwitchTV, TikTok, YouTube.
- Must be comfortable making phone calls, reaching out via email and using Discord to effectively communicate with external and internal Association customers.
- Ensure adherence to all National and Regional School Engagement policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Collaborate with National and Regional counterparts in other areas of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of relevant experience in fundraising, sales, or equivalent type experience.
- University/College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Understanding of gaming culture and content creator space.
- Experience in peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Demonstrated community organization skills with the ability to recruit, train and lead volunteers effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, particularly consumer-oriented writing.
- Project management – consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent design and creative communication development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to work with all social strata, occupations, and diverse backgrounds.
- Presentation skills for small and large groups.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Region, to National Center, and conferences as needed.
- Ability to lift and or move large objects (such as boxes) with the expectation that heavier items would be broken down into smaller components or requesting additional assistance may be required before lifting and/or moving.
Compensation & Benefits
Expected pay range will be $75,000 to $86,420. Pay is commensurate with experience; geographic differentials to the pay range may apply. This position is incentive eligible based on achieving certain targets. American Heart Association reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range.
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Location US-NY-New York
Posted Date 1 week ago (9/18/2023 11:28 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-11475
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution Eastern States | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-VA-Richmond | US-NY-Buffalo | US-VA-Virginia Beach
Position Type Full Time
Location: VA-Virginia Beach