Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has a great opportunity for an Executive Assistant in our International department to support the SVP, International!
This position will work in a hybrid setting (in office 1-3 days a week as needed) in our Dallas office.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
This individual will provide administrative support, plan and execute SVP projects, provide meeting management, manage scheduling, correspondence, project coordination and documentation.
- Provides administrative support to the SVP, International.
- Provides support to the MAB Project Specialist as needed.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar of appointments.
- Manages and schedules department/staff meetings, including a yearly All-Staff meeting.
- Assists with International Committee meetings as needed.
- Prepares agendas and support materials for these meetings as needed.
- Performs record keeping as needed.
- Manages yearly budget, submits travel expenses, and submits purchase orders and invoices.
- Assists with international visa applications and passports as needed.
- Prepares and processes all correspondence. Proofreads, duplicates and distributes all such correspondence, reports, presentations, transparencies, etc.
- Manages project timelines and deadline compliance, while effectively communicating project statuses and related information as required goals.
- Coordinates calendars, appointments, meetings and conference calls with volunteers and other National Center staff; provides agendas and support materials for scheduled appointments.
- Successfully completes multiple duties and projects while managing competing demands and priorities.
- Contributes to departmental goals by maintaining ongoing working knowledge of department’s budget, policies, and procedures.
- Utilizes vendor and/or Association systems (e.g., E1, SharePoint, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects.
- International work-related background would be nice, but not necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Five (5)+ years of work-related experience.
- Experience in business administration, office procedures, complex executive correspondence, and meeting coordination.
- Excellent skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication, including business writing.
- Advanced skills in one or more Microsoft Office application such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel along with the ability to train others on system usage.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with industry, staff, volunteers, and public.
- Ability to conceptualize, reason through problems, make effective decisions, and develop alternative solutions.
- Accounting experience and excellent math skills, including the ability to analyze numbers and to reconcile accounts.
- Some college education.
- A foreign language (i.e., Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, etc.) would be nice, but not necessary.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (3/17/2023 5:07 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10025
Job Category Administrative Support
Position Type Full Time