Hospital / Healthcare
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
* Remote position – Preferred locations include Northern California, Central California, Southern California and Central Coast areas
* Serves as a primary technical liaison to end users for new requirements and issues related to applications.
* Acts as a general internal consultant on application architecture initiatives.
* Collaborates with leadership on development of application standardization.
* Responsible for providing/setting direction on application architecture.
* Supports standardization of documentation and the integration of standards and practices.
* Maintains knowledge of new developments and research related to application packages and healthcare IT trends.
* Evaluates IT updates and revisions; coordinates testing of updates and revisions.
* Oversees efforts with key vendors to understand future application product plans in conjunction with IT leadership.
* Oversees complex configuration of applications based on user and vendor requirements on major application environments.
* Works closely with managers, project managers and business partner leaders to define and develop or implement major software
* Works with IT staff, business partners and leadership to help them understand potential application functionality, development
approaches, possible enhancements and process improvements.
* Provides advanced level application technical support to resolve problems.
* Works with IT staff to integrate processes with application systems.
* Works with enterprise architecture teams to integrate application architecture into enterprise architecture.
* Stays connected with industry best practices and vendor specific application methodologies.
* Contributes to the growth and development of application IT staff through education activities in support of the software application.
* Works closely with committees as a liaison to aligning needs with application functionality.
* Works with Application Analysts on planning for implementation of new application modules and enhancements.
* Works with Application Analysts on planning for maintenance releases and problem resolution
* Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
* May require on-call coverage responsibilities.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
* 10+ years required
* Participate in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of RIS, interfaces, PACS, post processing, and Voice Recognition systems.
* Implements process changes, collects data, and makes recommendations to expedite workflow.
* Monitors systems, interfaces, and integration pieces to include daily QC reports. Maintains an up-to-date understanding and working knowledge of the processes involved.
* Provide user support of Medical Imaging systems including but not limited to training and education.
* Assist in evaluation and development of training and in-service Medical Imaging programs.
* Responds appropriately to requests and concerns from users or others affected by the systems.
* Keeps all imaging staff informed on system updates and changes. Informs all Medical Imaging Leadership of changes, problems, and upgrades to RIS, interfaces, PACS, post processing, and Voice Recognition system.
* Maintain membership on, or consultation to, committees, work groups, or task forces as needed to communicate and facilitate the ongoing progress of the development, implementation, and revision of all Medical Imaging systems.
* Covers call and meets all SLAs. Must live within one hour of one of the facilities that employee supports.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
$36.96 – $53.60 /hour