IT Sr Test Engineer
Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Hospital / Healthcare
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote position.
*Job Summary* The CommonSpirit Health Digital and Human Experiences team is looking for an experienced Sr. Test Engineer who has demonstrated outcomes ensuring quality for consumer-focused web and native mobile products and services to provide an intensely positive and personalized integrated experience for our consumers and patients while streamlining operational, clinical and administrative workflows. This position is responsible for innovating and delivering some of CommonSpirit Health’s most strategic initiatives.
As a key member of the Quality Assurance team, the Sr. TestEngineer has broad responsibility for supporting the strategic quality objectives of the CommonSpirit Health Digital and Human Experiences team. The Sr. Test Engineer works in partnership with all teams across the holistic team, focusing on quality, testing development, and continuous improvement activities throughout the solution life cycle.
The Sr. Test Engineer contributes expertise in quality, testing tools, automation development, crowd-sourced testing, and system functionality to develop, execute and manage system test assets for the full scope of products and services developed and delivered by the Digital and Human Experiences team. They develop, manage, and support automation and test asset frameworks for systems assigned
* Develops, publishes, implements, and executes test plans
* Reviews requirements and design for testability
* Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
* Responsible for system integration testing activities throughout the project phases.
* Perform design and development of test plans, designs, scripts, and methods, configurations to test against design and requirement specifications.
* Ensure that plans and schedules reflect the necessary activities and durations to achieve the defined requirements and objectives following available standards & guidelines.
* Develop, maintain and document tests and publish test results to the project team.
* Participates in the project and software development life cycles and applies appropriate test methodology
* Identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project risk plans and escalates issues pertaining to quality and schedule appropriately.
* Manages testing issues and the resolution process throughout the life-cycle of the project; research and analyze options and make recommendations to the appropriate decision-makers
* Ensures test coverage through quality review of test assets and automation design and use of risk analysis.
* Plans for, obtains and manages test data and environments
* Collaborates with project team to define and document test data, scenarios and scripts in alignment with business and system requirements
* Leads cross functional test teams to achieve project objectives
* Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of testing standards, policies, and procedures
* Ensures testing deliverables are produced on a timely basis and effectively used in project activities
* Researches and recommends appropriate QA and testing tools. Can administer and maintain Quality Assurance and Testing tools
* Owns the Testing Asset library for assigned applications
* May develop and execute manual or automated tests, evaluates results and reports issues in a timely manner; assists in problem resolution
* Conducts Quality Assurance Lessons Learned and participate in project or program Lesson Learned events
* Develops and applies business knowledge in multiple functional areas
* Demonstrates strong leadership through team motivation, coaching, mentoring, and delegating
* Interacts with Program/Project Managers, Development Leads, QA Manager and the team to develop and execute a solid Test Strategy
* Ensures process capability, control and improvement by developing and implementing relevant quality assurance procedures
* Continually contribute to improving the QA process
* Leads the development of scripts and automation tools used to develop, test, execute and certify changes as they progress through environments. Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous improvements.
* Displays efficient work style with attention to detail, organization, and strong sense of urgency
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business discipline or equivalent experience required
* 6+ years of experience working in IT Quality Assurance and/or Testing environment.
* 4+ years of scripting experience with testing tools – Familiarity with testing tools including Selenium, JMeter, Protractor, Cucumber
* 1+ years experience API Testing (Swagger, Postman, jMeter, SoapUI, Katalon)
* 1+ years experience Load Testing (Jmeter, K6, BlazeMeter, WebLoad)
* 1+ years experience with pipelines
* 4+ years of experience testing web applications including websites with dynamic content managed by a Content Management System (AEM & Sitecore experience a plus).
* 2+ years of experience working in the healthcare/medical environment preferred.
* 3+ years of advanced experience working with agile and scrum methodologies
$40.75 – $59.09 /hour