Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
This internship provides a birds-eye view of the work of the Association’s Livestream Fundraising team. In this role, the intern has opportunities to learn hands-on how the Livestream Fundraising team researches, identifies and engages streamers, influencers, and entertainment entities to participate in campaigns and promotions of programs and cause initiatives. The internship will provide an opportunity to collaborate with teams across the Marketing and Communications department, and throughout the organization. The intern will provide support to and collaborate with the Livestream Fundraising team through various strategies and tactics for content creation, outreach to influencers, creative concepting and performing administrative and core marketing duties.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
- Internship Duration: 5/22/2023 – 8/11/2023
- Remote Position
- Salary: $23.00 per hour
Individuals participating in the internship program are provided with an opportunity to:
- Gain important and practical job skills to be successful in a non-profit environment.
- Opportunity to explore a career-path with a reputable voluntary health/service organization.
- Gain experience in the professional world while learning about board management.
- Complete an internship that enriches your academic and professional resume as well as enriching your personal life by making a difference in the lives of others.
- Assist in vetting influencers for livestream campaigns.
- Creation of influencer’s fundraising highlight reels.
- Assist with advising on influencer social media creative concepting and content creation.
- Provide ideas to support strategic marketing, public relations, and marketing and communication campaigns in support of American Heart Association’s livestream initiatives.
- Perform research and market analysis activities.
- Research potential influencer collaborators for opportunities to advance Association’s priorities in the streaming space.
- Assist in pulling streaming campaign reports and tracking of top clips and hyperlinks for media dashboard report and overall reports.
- Candidates who are juniors, seniors or graduate students pursuing a degree in communications, social/digital media, public relations or marketing with an interest in entertainment and influencer marketing.
- Strong awareness of and interest in current events, pop culture, social media trends (including emerging platforms) and what’s in the news related to health care, heart disease, stroke and nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with short-form video and content creation.
- Demonstrated skills in effective one-on-one and group communications and comfort with working with all levels of community leaders, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to deal professionally in a corporate or non-profit environment and assume responsibility for guiding projects and programs from inception through completion.
- Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple priorities involving multiple entities.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work with other staff, taking project direction quickly
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Intermediate to excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be knowledgeable in Canva, In-Shot or similar video editing software.
- Minimum availability of 20 hrs/wk, M-F between the hours of 8:30am-5pm.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship, now or in the future. For any roles working remotely, the work must also be performed inside the United States, not in a foreign country.
- Required Equipment:
- Reliable WiFi Connection
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (3/17/2023 6:57 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-9924
Job Category Administrative Support
Position Type Part Time