Manager, Revenue Accounting
Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Accounting & Finance
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Revenue Manager based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX!
This position will work in a hybrid setting (in the office 2-3 days a week) in our Dallas office.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of regional revenue accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and internal policies. Responsible for leading a team of revenue accountants across the organization ensuring accurate and timely recognition and recording of revenue from sponsorship agreements and contributions. Responsible for responding to and resolving revenue accounting questions within the regions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee the review, set-up and accounting for contribution and sponsorship contracts. Ensure posting of revenue journal entries and accounts receivable activity is accurately recorded and follows established policies and procedures
- Review and analyze complex contribution and sponsorship agreements. Establish and complete response and recognition procedures as required by agreements
- Hire, motivate and retain revenue accounting staff including development and training to ensure consistency of processes and customer service
- Educate and train region staff on issues and policies related to revenue accounting ensuring consistency in application
- Collaborate with accounting leadership to establish and maintain proper control environment and ensure compliance with GAAP accounting standards and internal policies
- Assist with requirements of the annual financial statement audit by external auditors
- Perform other duties, tasks and assist with special projects as assigned
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) – Eight (8) years of proven experience
- Experience in accounting, financial reporting, or related area
- Experience in revenue accounting and accounts receivable
- Supervisory Experience
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, with a focus in the area of revenue recognition and accounts receivable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify, promote, and implement change and efficiencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications; hands on experience with ERP systems
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff; strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Not-For-Profit Accounting Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification
- Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases?
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 1 week ago (9/18/2023 10:55 AM)
Requisition ID 2023-11489
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Position Type Full Time