Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for an Enterprise Platform Architec t in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas .
Working across multiple technology and business teams the Enterprise Platform Architect guides the translation of business requirements into solution approaches both within the Salesforce Platform and with satellite technologies that supplement the platform with application services and data services. Collaboration with individual Salesforce teams to guide the selection of the best mix of platform features and integration with external services/systems is the key value that this role provides. With an eye on functional fit, performance, manageability, and complexity the Platform Architect provides the blueprints from which the technical implementation teams work to deliver Salesforce-centric solutions.
Communication, influencing, and collaboration skills are as important as technical architecture knowledge.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
Essential Job Duties
- Work closely with the Enterprise Solution Architects in the early-stage solutioning activities with an emphasis on how the Salesforce Platform can meet solution objectives.
- In close cooperation with BT Salesforce delivery teams, guide the extension of the Salesforce Platform data and application architecture to meet business needs while minimizing the accumulation of technical debt and the introduction of performance constraints.
- Guide the use of Salesforce Platform functional extensions including native coding features, workflow, integration points/connectors so meet business needs while preserving platform stability and upgradeability.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Data Architect to ensure consistency and interoperability between the Salesforce Platform data and other enterprise data stores.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity, Core Infrastructure, and Legal to support data privacy compliance and data security objectives. Assist in the identification and tracking of assets in the enterprise data inventory.
- Assist in the development of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statements of Work for products and services in support of the Salesforce Platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related area
- 8 years of experience transforming complex business requirements into enterprise platform requirements, architectures, and designs
- 5 years of experience documenting solution architectures using proven methodologies and the ability to communicate these designs in both written and verbal communications
- 5 years of experience working across multiple technology teams including infrastructure, app dev, cybersecurity, and project management
- 5 years of Experience working with outside professional service teams in joint design and development activities
- Knowledge of application and data security and compliance regulations and how they affect data architectures
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies and enterprise architecture best practices
- 8 years of Solution Architecture design and documentation
- 5 years of Salesforce solution development and design
- 3 years of Azure and AWS cloud data services and integration
- 5 years of Integration of Salesforce with other data and SaaS solutions
- 5 years of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and design patterns
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 1 month ago (12/14/2022 6:33 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-9647
Job Category Information Technology
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution US – Top 57
Position Type Full Time