Marketing / Communications / PR
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator for our Consumer Health Operations .
In this role, you will be responsible for providing coordination and administrative support for assigned department or project. Responsible for preparing and distributing communications, scheduling, volunteer responsibilities and other organizing efforts based on project assignments. Also, responsible for operational budget and expense processing, record keeping or other administrative duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate and monitor project timelines while effectively communicating project needs and related information as required.
- Communicate with client base to organize and manage assigned projects/events. Recruit staff and/or volunteers for participation, coordinate with vendors, or perform on-site set-up and logistics coordination.
- Assists with marketing efforts which may include updating on-line content, distribution of marketing materials, or vendors/contractors/volunteer communication.
- Utilize vendor and/or AHA systems (e.g. E1, COI, Seibel, Oasis, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects.
- Evaluates and maintains information and accurate data for compliance requirements or internal reporting needs. Collaborates with internal and external customers to ensure documentation is accurate and meets expectations.
- Provides coworkers, volunteers, and vendors with excellent customer service responding to requests in a timely manner and adhering to deadlines as appropriate.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in project coordination
- Two (2) years of basic accounting process experience
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written and presentation communications
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Two (2) years of experience in event or meeting planning
- Some college or BA in Communications, Business, Marketing or related area
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/22/2022 9:21 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-9335
Job Category Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
Position Type Full Time