Join Work Wider today to apply for this job and others.
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX!
This position can be home based within the DFW metroplex with in-person meetings/trainings as needed in our Dallas office.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
This individual will be supporting the marketing and strategy team and be responsible for providing coordination and administrative support for Healthcare Business Solutions line of healthcare education products. Responsible for preparing and distributing communications, scheduling, organizing meetings and other organizing efforts based on project assignments. Also, responsible for operational budget and expense processing, expense tracking, creating job aids, record keeping and other administrative duties. This person must be a self-starter and take initiative to perform tasks that contribute to the success of HBS projects.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to organize and manage assigned projects/events. Recruit staff for participation, coordinate with vendors, or perform on-site set-up and logistics coordination
- Assists with updating on-line content and vendors/contractors/volunteer communication
- Utilize vendor and/or American Heart Association systems (e.g. E1, COI, Figma, Legal systems, Frameio, Vimeo, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects. Evaluates and maintains information and accurate data for compliance requirements or internal reporting needs
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to ensure documentation is accurate and meets expectations
- Provides coworkers, volunteers, and vendors with excellent customer service responding to requests in a timely manner and adhering to deadlines as appropriate
- Other responsibilities as needed to achieve project goals
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in project coordination
- Two (2) years of basic accounting process experience
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written and presentation communications
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Adept at learning new technologies/processes
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Interest in the development of continuing education courses for healthcare professionals
- Two (2) years of experience in event or meeting planning or project coordination
- Some college or BA in Communications, Business, Marketing, Health Sciences or related area
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, our mission is to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, age, language, sexual orientation, national origin and physical or cognitive abilities. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce, workplace culture and mission have a shared impact across a diverse set of backgrounds.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (11/27/2023 3:04 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-11626
Job Category Administrative Support
Position Type Full Time