Marketing / Communications / PR
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas (Home based is acceptable) .
This is a full-time, benefits eligible grant funded position. Current funding is approximately through December 2023.
This role will be responsible for assigning personnel to execute key priorities within the project/s in collaboration with management recommendations. Responsible for developing infrastructure and process for analysis, forecasting and planning to determine availability and appropriate level of resources, in addition to overall project tracking and reporting. In coordination with NHCI Operations team oversees project deliverables to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget, and meets quality and performance measures set as well as sponsorship requirements (as needed).
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Analyzes and evaluates project proposals and requests to determine resource requirements such as, duration of assignment/project, budget, skills, competencies, and scope. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to assign projects appropriately based on information obtained. Evaluates resource allocation and team performance in support of resource development.
- Analyzes project and resource milestones to identify and establish best practices regarding resource management.
- Monitors changes to project scope, schedule, and deliverable and provides solutions to mitigate risk by working with key stakeholders.
- Develops reporting to track and analyze project progress, project resources and costs across the department in coordination with project leads to ensure adherence to project scope, budget and resource estimates. Reporting to inform resource allocation.
- Maintains effective communication with Program leadership and project teams to ensure project status and issues are known and addressed.
- Oversees implementation and RACI/ process analysis for NHCI program. Adjusts the process and reporting to insure accuracy and quality of data.
- May conduct GAP analysis to identify resource needs against project and portfolio strategies. Develops cross-functional relationships to leverage available resources across various teams and external vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Five (5) years of the following experience:
- Experience in tracking and reporting on staff and project execution. Ability to establish and implement processes to support tracking needs.
- Demonstrated experience in resource planning development, management and implementation.
- Project management experience. Understanding of skills and expertise needed to assign staff to project teams.
- Self motivated, highly effective organization and analytical skills, multi-tasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting presentations and participating in staff meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and teams ensuring deadline compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to productively participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment working toward common goals. Ability to influence team members without supervisory authority.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, proficient in Outlook, Excel, PPT, and Word
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 days ago (1/24/2023 10:21 AM)
Requisition ID 2023-9973
Job Category Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
Position Type Full Time