Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
Our Youth Market programs reach more than 18 million students each year. Our goal is to help students develop heart-healthy habits through physical activity and learn the value of community service by raising funds to help kids with special hearts.
The American Heart Association has an opportunity for a School Fundraising Director in Jackson, MS. The director is responsible for implementing the American Heart Association’s (AHA) school-based educational Kid’s Heart Challenge TM fundraising program throughout the assigned territory. The Youth Market Director works as the liaison with school-based coordinators (typically PE teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our program for the entire state of Mississippi.
The ideal candidate will live in or near Jackson, MS, Hattiesburg, MS or Gulfport, MS.
Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Selling our lifesaving mission to local schools through prospecting and securing school participation while providing tools and training to help schools establish and meet their fundraising goals.
- Presenting program information at school assembly events to teach students about the AHA and the program.
- Achieving income and school recruitment goals through the management of existing customers and school accounts, and prospecting and cultivating new school accounts.
- Coordinating, planning, and implementing activities and resources necessary to achieve campaign goals and fundraising objectives in the assigned territory.
- Maintaining and tracking all related fundraising data.
- Recruiting volunteers to develop and manage school-wide events, while building new relationships and providing ongoing support to volunteers in each school.
- Traveling some throughout assigned geographical territory approximately half of the time, balance being home-office time.
This is a work-out-of-your-home position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Youth Market.
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?” Here are some of the requirements:
- At least one year of relevant experience preferred. College graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communicating, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Knowledge of school system is a plus.
- Presentation skills for small and large groups, specifically school-aged audiences.
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation.
- Ability to plan and work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive dollar goals using skills and abilities in customer relationship management.
- Ability to lift at least 20 libs from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to master new online and technical programs, and tools quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary with incentive potential is offered.
The American Heart Association offers programs to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values – check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!
We offer a base salary with the potential to earn an incentive up to 25% of your base pay. The potential incentive is based on achieving certain revenue targets.
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 months ago (3/24/2022 5:52 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-8375
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-MS-Hattiesburg | US-MS-Gulfport
Position Type Full Time
Location: Hattiesburg, MS