CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote work opportunity.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for leading the design, implementation, testing, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of complex enterprise hybrid systems (on-premise, cloud, remote hosted) to ensure product reliably and stability. The Admin may work or lead multiple projects.
The Admin serves as an escalation point for requests or issues, considered a subject matter expert in enterprise system platforms. Will have responsibility for mentoring other system administrators.
- Monitors system performance, diagnoses system issues, performs emergency and scheduled maintenance.
- Performs application installation, configuration, upgrades, and patches for development, testing, training, and production environments.
- Develops and maintain process and configuration documentation related to the application environments supported. Automates common processes when possible.
- Work as a technical expert with customers, Technology Services, analysts, software engineers and other team members to develop and support technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Perform troubleshooting, testing, and debugging of enterprise applications, patches, upgrades and tenant management.
- Works within application vendor guidelines to ensure support is not invalidated and to coordinate installations.
- Monitor/maintain logs, files systems and directories, and coordinates maintenance with Technology Services.
- Participate in planning, developing, testing, and implementing system architecture, fail-over, and disaster recovery plans.
- Responds to, resolves and follows up on reported issues through the trouble ticketing system within established SLAs.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements.
- Develops and maintains operational documentation.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance windows.
- Provide technical input for project planning and manage project related tasks.
- Perform capacity and performance planning.
- Will require on-call coverage responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required
- Radiology and/or Cardiology background or clinical application support preferred
A compensation range of $78,000 – $100,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!