Hospital / Healthcare
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Asset Management Senior System Engineer provides support for technical processes, procedures and information systems relating to the discovery and inventory of IT assets. This role maintains, upgrades and manages CommonSpirit Health’s asset system environment, which primarily consists of MicroFocus Universal Discovery (UD and UCMDB) asset discovery software tools, MicroFocus Asset Manager and associated asset management tool. Additionally, using HPE Connect-It and other data integration tools to develop, test, deploy, and maintain data integrations in support of asset and configuration management. The System Engineer responsibilities include installing and configuring system software, monitoring asset applications system performance, troubleshooting issues, and upgrading systems with new releases. This role communicates and collaborates with other technology support teams to ensure that all aspects of the asset management environment run smoothly and efficiently. The System Engineer also interacts with and supports all Asset Management and Discovery team staff, end-users, and asset management stakeholders.
6+ years experience supporting IT Hardware and Software Asset Management and Discovery
4+ years experience in IT technical focused analysis, business operations workflow design and
implementation, systems testing and writing technical user documentation
3+ years direct experience with asset management audit activities and interactions with auditors
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Business Administration, or equivalent work
experience in the IT industry.
ITIL v3 Foundations or higher certification
* IT Service Management experience (ITIL, ISO, COBIT)
* Strong experience with CMDB and asset discovery tools, preferably MicroFocus UD/UCMDB tools
* Strong experience with asset management tools, preferably MicroFocus Asset Manager and ServiceNow
* Ability to interact well with software vendors technical support concerning asset discovery and asset management tools
* Strong analytical and product management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* This includes technical requirements gathering, specification development, data mapping, systems testing, and writing technical user documentation
* Ability to understand highly complex software products and concepts as they relate to asset discovery and asset management objectives, and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily-understandable manner
* Ability to perform complex analytical research and problem-solving for business critical issues
* Proven technical writing skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Strong command of key desktop productivity applications; Google Tools, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
* Customer service focus
* Ability to serve as a liaison to key business stakeholders
A compensation range of $90,000 – $120,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!