Mid-Level (5-8 years)
maslansky + partners is a communication strategy firm grounded in a rigorous approach to messaging research. We work with Fortune 500 companies, trade associations, non-profits, and public policy groups around the world to help them address their most important communication and messaging challenges.
Do you view yourself as someone who’s agile and can show political savvy within a culture of trust and respect? Are you able to cultivate meaningful relationships that reflect in positive business results? We’re seeking an Account Service Director with strong communication, leadership, and relationship-building skills to join our team!
Here at m + p, every member of our team is:
- A researcher – we conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand how audiences respond to different ways of talking about something and why
- A convincing writer & speaker – we help clients engage and persuade their audiences by writing in a way that resonates and compels them to act. At m + p, we’re 100% behind your ability to express a point of view. We don’t really care what it is, as long as you have one, and can convey it persuasively. When we walk into a room, we want people to remember we were there. We lead with substance, but you also need a demonstrable ability to present well.
- A strategist – anyone can find out what an audience thinks; we bring an analytic and strategic approach to messaging.
- A consultant – we constantly imagine the world through the eyes of someone else: our clients’, what are their challenges externally and internally and how can we help them? Our clients’ audiences: how do we factor “their truth” into effective messaging?
Our firm is guided by the simple idea that it’s not what you SAY that matters, it’s what they HEAR. We use research to advise our clients what to say, what not to say, and why it matters. We passionately believe that for PR, marketing, and advocacy efforts to be successful, they must have the right words, phrases, and framing. Though small, we have a LARGE impact.
The Account Service Director is responsible for the growth of 10-15 Client and Omnicom partnerships (to be identified annually) including:
- Build senior client relationships (across departments at Clients including Procurement)
- Identify synergies/best practices across broader Client engagements
- Collaborate with Client Leads and Omnicom Team Leads to achieve growth
- Introduce clients and agency partners to our full range of our offerings to broaden and deepen our relationships.
- Lead strategic initiatives at the Client level to bring value to businesses
- Coordinate Client’s annual business planning process to foster holistic thinking and innovation
- Identify tools and processes (strategic, creative, financial) to aid collaboration, consistency, and a superior teamwork product
- Create process for business growth at the project level including: Client onboarding and experience improvement, value added offerings, follow up post project on client satisfaction, follow up for use of work etc.
- Identify potential client attrition and work with senior management to quickly address
Tactically for each client:
- Build and grow relationships with all the key players at key Clients
- Create opportunities to introduce client leads to more buyers of our service at the Clients
- Offer thought leadership to the Clients
- Create a regular stream of opportunities for our work.
- Increase Client revenue at each Client by x% per year.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of experience in Account Services, sales background highly valued
- An expert at what we do and how to share it with existing clients and new relationships
- A big picture thinker – someone who understands business challenges and how to connect what we do to solve those challenges. Someone who can connect what we do in one area to help someone in another area.
- A connector — Someone who gets energy from and loves to connect with others and build relationships. Someone who has deep relationships already at key clients or Omnicom agencies
- A visionary – Someone who can think big and share our Client’s vision
- A sounding Board – Someone who our Clients want to turn to for advice for things related to our business – and beyond
- An extrovert – Someone who is never afraid to ask for a referral, for the business, etc.
- A communicator — We want to be comfortable with this person reaching out on our behalf. We want this person to be a face for us and we want the team to feel confident that they represent us well. And importantly we want this person to be in close communication with the Client teams who are working the business.