Director (8-10 years)
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach’s notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
DDB New York is seeking an experienced Communications Strategy Director to help build our capabilities. The ideal person will be both a doer and a thinker to deliver communications architecture strategic thinking to our clients, including a clear vision on how to develop an effective communication architecture and deliver creative across the entire spectrum of communications channels, including targeted and programmatic digital.
DDB believes creativity is the most powerful force in business. But it must deliver clients outsized advantages both at scale AND in context. We want a leader to help build our communications planning practice at the intersection of creativity, data, and audiences to create customer journeys, outline the variables and assets for creatives, and ensure we deliver powerful work in context across a communications architecture.
- Seamlessly integrate with brand strategists to create and present communications architectures for our clients
- Provide actionable thought leadership in consumer behavior and customer journeys, emerging media, audience targeting, measurement, channel strategy, consumer and creative testing, programmatic marketing, and dynamic creative optimization
- Develop compelling audience insights relevant to creative and media
- Develop messaging and content architectures/frameworks and the briefs, message matrices and channel prioritizations with an emphasis on performance
- Collaborate with brand planning on audience analysis, insights, sizing and targeting strategies in support of plans and objectives
- 8+ years experience in integrated and/or communications strategy planning
- Data fluency and analysis to develop insights, architectures, and strategies
- Knowledge of all marketing communications disciplines and expertise in media, social/digital, programmatic, addressable, DCO and personalized comms, and emerging tech/media
- Rolled-up sleeves paired with the vision and desire to build – and present to clients and internal audiences – for the future of DDB communications planning
- Experience with a range of research and analysis tools, techniques and partners
- Strong understanding of audience development and targeting, as well as the use of behavioral data to develop insights, journeys and communications plans
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment working intimately with all agency teams and functions and building strong client trust and relationships
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.