Entry-Level Sales Development Representative
Entry level (0-1 years)
Entry-Level Sales Development Representative
Location: Southeast (remote)
If you are fresh out of school and passionate about kick starting your sales career with a leading global brand and have an eagerness to learn and grow, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
We are looking for an entry-level Sales Development Representative to generate new sales qualified business leads and successfully schedules sales calls with lead sales reps. This role requires someone who is not only persistent, who does not stop at “no” and believes there are always solutions to be found but also a go-getter, who sets their sights above and beyond any KPI goals to achieve and exceeds them systematically.
As a Sales Development Representative, you are responsible for generating new sales qualified business leads and successfully scheduling sales calls with assigned sales lead representative. This is done by following prescribed sales prospecting processes and will be measured by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Additional lead development actions will be deployed in conjunction with the Marketing and Sales Management Teams to identify and research lists of companies for additional outreach based on the go-to market strategies. The Sales Development Representative will utilize developed email and phone campaigns to convert Marketing Qualified Leads into Sales Qualified Leads focusing on new customer acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop/qualify inbound and outbound leads within specified new potential customer segment to secure appointments with the Inside Sales Representative designated for your assigned region.
- Increase new sales qualified leads and setting up appointments for the Inside Sales Representative (ISR) through lead follow up by using qualifying questions following the sales methodology that you were trained on as part of the onboarding for this role.
- Strategize with manager through weekly forecasting calls to generate new business.
- Facilitate discussions with prospects around their pain points and strategic business objectives.
- Leverage sales enablement tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Tableau, etc.) to gain insights of inbound customer leads and calls of specific geographic territories and sectors.
- Qualify new business primarily through inbound/outbound emails, leads with calls from potential customers, engaging in conversations with prospects to target broader sales opportunities and generate sales growth.
- Complete daily KPI task information and tracking of communication with current and potential customers in SalesForce.com to ensure accuracy.
- Active participation at Regional Revenue Strategy Meetings, bi-weekly broader team meetings and other departmental meetings is required.
- Review data on specific leads and prospects to determine most likely messaging to engage.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects that have not purchased from the company in the past and are identified as new customer acquisitions.
- Schedule minimum of 10 appointments for assigned ISR per week, 40 per month as one of the KPIs.
- Maintain an outbound call cadence of a minimum of 40 outbound dials per day (KPI).
- Document a total of a minimum of 40 emails per day with targeted prospects, documented in Salesforce.com (KPI).
- Bachelors Degree
- 0 – 2 years of experience in sales development role
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt successful sales techniques
- Positive attitude with a passion for a career in sales
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platforms is a plus but not required we can teach you; but not being afraid of learning new technology is a must.
- Knowledge of and basic understanding of Inside Sales, B2B Sales, Lead Generation, Prospecting, Fundraising
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to impact key decisions through effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience guiding business objectives and problem solving through effective time management and prioritization
Our corporate culture is mission driven, and we are a certified B Corp and a California benefit corporation, taking all stakeholders (including employees, community, customers and environment) into account to make a positive difference. We have a culture that is emotionally intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional and committed to the professional development of all employees.
Our organization’s job is to help people development professionals be better and, in turn, help their companies’ employees flourish. While we’re best known for our products like the Myers-Briggs® assessment (MBTI®), we are a group of professionals who provide expertise in the talent management industry. We offer solutions to help improve organizational performance and address whatever challenges businesses and professionals face – from team building, leadership, coaching, and conflict management to career development, selection, and retention. Perhaps this is why millions of individuals in more than 170 countries use our products each year. They include people at Fortune 500 companies and businesses of all sizes, as well as educators, government agencies, and training and development consultants.
Working here gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference, be accountable, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled)
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our growth, while working with others who are passionate about our solutions and mission, please apply online today!