Mid-Level (5-8 years)
We are looking for a Media Relations Specialist to join our team!
About the Job
Ketchum is seeking a highly energetic, versatile, creative storyteller who is passionate about using their media contacts in the consumer technology space to garner the best coverage for our clients’ brands. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic, yet hands on media relations professional.
Do you have an enviable list of consumer technology and/or gaming media contacts? Are you comfortable helping reporters to tell the most compelling stories and counseling regarding robust media strategies? Are you driven by seeing your story appear online, in broadcast, in print or on a podcast?
Yes…look no further, we have just the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Media Relations Specialist experienced in consumer technology media and strategy, helping to identify opportunities and pitch relevant stories – including product launches and new services – to consumer tech, gaming and mainstream media. This candidate is a talented individual with a proven track record of media placements and a team player who can drive successful media campaigns. This position is part of Ketchum’s Media Specialty, a group of senior media counselors who support clients across the entire Ketchum agency.
Ideal candidate will have 4-5+ years’ experience working in a newsroom or public relations environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key media, especially in the consumer technology space
- Serve as a media counselor to designated clients and account teams
- Help shape the agency perspective on media; becoming recognized as an agency media expert
- Conduct regular outreach to key media to secure top-tier placements for Ketchum’s clients
- Stay on top of news and PR trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of clients and colleagues
- As part of the Media Specialty, increase visibility throughout North America for best practices, trends, developments in media across verticals
- Participate in new business
We’re looking for required skills, and they can come from any combination of education and experience. Diversity of thought and background are encouraged. Typical qualifications include:
- BS/BA degree in marketing, media, communications, business or related field and a minimum of 4-5+ years of combined public relations, journalism, communications experience
- Demonstrated success in senior level media relations including a strategic understanding of traditional and social media as well as radio and podcasts
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable of Ketchum’s proprietary tools and develop clear understanding how to apply tools and technology to client work
- Ability to share media related insights and trends with teams in order to mobilize, develop, deliver and motivate
- Proven ability to make a professional and positive impression with senior management within client organizations
- Excellent verbal, written, project management and presentation skills
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.