Regional Foodservice Sales Manager - Business Partnerships Team, NW
Mid-Level (5-8 years)
You are creative, authentic, fun, and engaging! You are a foodservice sales leader with a passion for flavor. You are ready to lead ambitious sales growth across your Region that includes the states of Oregon and Idaho. Collaborating with your Zone Sales Manager and partnering with other internal teams (marketing, creative services, and R&D, to name a few) you will drive initiatives to advance our market leadership in cafés, drink shops, restaurants, and regional chains across your region. You are excited and inspired by the idea of working for a purpose driven company, and certified B Corp.
You are strategic and creative about how you deliver new business growth while setting the company up for long-term success. You can identify barriers to entry and develop tactics to overcome them. The ability to build business with distributors and operators (and maybe even some unlikely partners!) is the critical backbone of how you develop your Region. You are executing go-to-market strategies, identifying new opportunities, and taking the NW Region to new heights. AND you embody our values, bringing the Torani brand to life in the marketplace in such a way that sets us apart from others.
SUCCESS FACTORS (First 12-18 Months)
- Foodservice Growth Driver: In collaboration with the Zone Sales Manager, you have developed objectives supporting the Foodservice Division Strategy, and are driving double-digit sales growth in your Region. You have established rapport with our existing operators and distributor network, identified and begun to fill voids in the business, delivered new accounts, and driven growth with new products.
- Regional Expert: In the foodservice and specialty beverage world, you have your finger on the pulse of your region; you know the numbers, the market, the competitors, and you know how to win! Your Sales Funnel is robust and full of opportunities. You develop your pipeline and close opportunities using our strategic selling process; you connect with coaches & buying influencers to gain insights and position Torani as the solution operators prefer. You collaborate with your Zone Sales Manager monthly on forecasts to ensure optimal inventory supply on all products.
- Value Creator for Operators: You are a Food & Beverage industry expert with a keen ability to communicate Torani’s value proposition to operators. You have developed and executed plans to unseat the competition in top-tier cafes & regional chains. You stay closely engaged with the key decision makers at independent operators, regional chain accounts, coffeehouses, cafes, drive-thrus, drink shops and restaurants. You are consistently in front of customers, building strong partnerships, and creating custom fit solutions for operators of all sizes. When our customers are thinking of new beverage concepts, you are the first one they call!
- Distributor Network Architect: You know who the key distributors are to reach our desired foodservice operators and to grow our business. You evaluate gaps in your markets and recommend the right partners to fill them. As you develop business across your Region, you help ensure the distribution network provides our customers access to the products and service they want, when they want it.
- Collaboration Ninja: You collaborate and build strong relationships across the organization and with external partners. Working especially close with the NW Zone Manager and the Marketing Team, you continuously develop and execute winning strategies for your Region. You are actively connecting with sales teammates to share new ideas, strategies, and best practices. You collaborate with R&D, Planning, and Marketing by providing market insights and foodservice channel trends.
- Have Fun!
3-5 years of experience working as a remote sales team member
3-5 years of experience in the food & beverage world (coffee experience a bonus)
Experience growing relationships with foodservice operators & regional chain accounts
Experience training distributor representatives and leading drink workshops
Salesforce or other contact management database experience
Tech savvy and able to master new technology quickly
Minimum of 50% overnight travel
Trade show participation in and out of the region (SCCAA, Coffee Fest, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree or applicable experience
(Preferred but not required) Experience with an S&OP process
Live in the greater Portland or Boise area within 1 hour of airport
Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Fluent in written & verbal English
Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint