Vice President, Financial & Professional Services
Sr. Director (10-15 years)
Ketchum is looking to hire a Vice President to serve as a key agency contact for two growing clients in the professional services category. We are looking for someone who has an interest in (and interest in learning more about!) the intersection of technology and how work gets done today. Both clients are focused on helping individuals and enterprises navigate business challenges related to the future of work, reskilling and upskilling and the impact of digital transformation.
About the Job
The ideal candidate is someone who understands how to work with complex, large clients and client teams, and how to manage them towards growth. Primary responsibilities include developing and lead programs focusing on driving the client’s reputation and brand with a special focus on executive visibility and media relations.
- Serve as senior contact for clients, work and engage c-suite leaders and help them elevate their own visibility.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of clients’ business and industry. Knowledge of and familiarity with emerging technology or practices such as AI, cloud, devops and low code, no code a plus.
- Develop strategy, creative and lead successful tactical execution of client programs ranging from commissioned research to speakers bureau to media news engine efforts.
- Ability to look ahead and anticipate Client needs by stay abreast of business trends and developments.
- Lead a team and projects concept/planning through activation. Delegate and manage project deliverables to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget while also coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Support measurement efforts and team’s ability to demonstrate value/ROI of projects and programs to Clients.
- Work with other integrated agency partnerships and relationships, ability to work cross-functionally across Client teams such as marketing and research.
- Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills; deliver strategic, engaging, and persuasive presentations to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others.
- Lead a team of core account members and specialists to execute signature projects across earned media, executive visibility, speakers bureau, social and analytics.
- Maximize agency’s network of resources to enhance client services.
- Motivate and mentor team members, help grow the next generation of communication talent – maintaining a high level of energy; encourage teams to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
- Manage account team financials including accurate budget creation, budget allocation, client billing, supplier invoicing and purchase orders; ensure team billability and account profitability by managing scope of work to those budgets.
- Participate in external company promotion through articles, speeches, presentations, professional memberships, etc. with the goal of increasing Ketchum’s visibility in the marketplace and creating new business opportunities.
- Attract, grow, engage, and retain talent. Contribute to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, where every employee feels a sense of belonging.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- At least 10+ years of agency experience and/or corporate public relations experience
- Corporate communications, technology, product launch and/or B2B experience a big plus