Vice President (or equivalent title) (15+ years)
Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had a sip of your morning coffee?
Do you love to spot and influence trends before they become news? Do you love video games and consumer technology?
Golin is hiring a digital-savvy Media Relations Vice President to drive media strategy and execution that keeps our clients relevant with top outlets. You’ll build strong relationships with key gaming outlets, and always be on the lookout for opportunities in the media space that could lead to coverage. You’ll transform product announcements, seasonal promotions, corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You’ll develop innovative public relations strategies to break through the noise and get our clients and their stories in front of the most important journalists. You’ll engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email and, yes, even a phone call or two. This work will support key campaigns and initiatives throughout the year, with an always-on mentality to find relevant national media opportunities and an ever-growing list of media relationships. A strong passion for and deep knowledge of the gaming industry is ideal.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, our work from anywhere positioning and a monthly LifeTime stipend for health and hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
What you will do:
· Lead media strategy and execution in the planning and development of key game campaigns and initiatives
· Work with account teams to develop strategic earned media plans for clients
· Pitch stories to the media (with a focus on the gaming media space) to obtain top-tier earned coverage
· Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the video game industry to effectively strategize and manage outreach
· Develop and maintain relationships with producers, reporters, and other contributors
· Draft media relations materials, including news releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and other content for pitches, reports and proposals
· Lead others in developing, executing and delivering effective earned media campaigns
· Book and schedule press tours/deskside briefings/virtual meetings with reporters, producers and contributors
· Supervise the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly earned media reports
· Monitor client industry, competition and coverage; develop actionable strategies from learnings
· Prepare media updates for client meetings and conference calls
What you will have:
· 8+ years of relevant experience in PR or journalism, preferably in the gaming industry
· A strong leader who has experience managing diverse teams that excel and grow under their leadership
· Experience developing and maintaining relationships with gaming and consumer media as well as other key industry influencers
· Experience securing coverage in both traditional and online media is a must
· Excellent writing, communication and editorial skills – client management and account leadership experience
· Experience developing and executing effective media relations strategies in PR campaigns in the pre-launch, launch and post-launching timing
· Familiarity with writing plans, activity recommendations, messaging, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, and FAQs
· Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results-driven and works well under pressure
· Knowledge of gaming industry events a must
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.